Sunday, September 15, 2013

Been a couple of days.... Myfitnesspal to the Rescue!

So, as the headline says, its been a couple of days since I've posted.  I'd say I've been real busy, but then I'd be lying.  I'd say I didn't have access to a computer, but again, I'd be lying.  The honest truth - I've been mad.  Mad as Hell.  I have been eating really good, staying in ketosis, and not losing weight.  I even gained a pound, but luckily lost it 2 days later.  

What could I be doing wrong?  Could I be getting too many calories, fat grams, sodium?  Who knows.  

All I know is that this has pushed me to start tracking my food using www.myfitnesspal.com and track everything I eat.  Luckily I already have a really good food scale.  

So this morning I did wake up with a 1 pound loss!  Go me!  But that hasn't stopped me from using myfitnesspal.  Today I measured and posted everything and here are the results:

Total Calories = 1483

Total Fat = 116g / 72%

Cholesterol = 600

Sodium = 3,043

Potassium = 758

Total Carbs = 28 / 8%

Fiber = 8

Net Carbs = 20

Protein = 75 / 20%

To note.  I did overeat at lunchtime, so I was not hungry for dinner.  Just a bit ago, stomach started rumbling so I ate a serving of macadamia nuts.  So my numbers are actually a little low, since I was not able to calculate a normal dinner (which would have been collard greens and pork chop).  

All in all, I can see how this app is very useful.  It did take some time for me to calculate everything, which isn't a problem on a Sunday, but starting tomorrow is going to be a bit tricky.  I will have to plan even more time on top of the cooking time to make sure I capture all the ingredients/foods eaten for the day.

On another note, I have been experiencing headaches, stuffy sinus' and even a sore throat last night in the past few days/week.  Hopefully these feelings pass very soon as it is very hard to wake up in the mornings.

Tomorrow is weigh in and video day.  

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment