Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Great Day.... Week 6 Day 38

Today was a good day, considering my situation.  Yesterday, within 5 minutes of walking into work, I was provided a Government Furlough letter and told to go home until Congress can figure the budget out.  I will avoid providing any of my thoughts, as I'm sure you can guess them.

Since I was home alone and had some laundry to do, I got to it!  I decided to try one some clothes that I threw on the shelf because they didn't fit as good as I had hoped, shrunk after being washed,etc.  I am proud to say that I was able to wear ALL of those items and add them back onto the hanger club.  I even wore one of those shirts today, Proudly!  

I than tried on my 2nd wedding dress (the dress worn after the wedding dress on my wedding day) and that fit SO much better than my wedding day.  

Now... the moment of happiness that I have been wanting since I was pregnant with my son (7 now).  My husband gave me a gift that I truly loved on our first Valentine's Day.  He ordered me (from Japan) a black silk with gorgeous embroidered flowered robe.  It is amazing.  I have not been able to wear it, like I said, since 8+ years ago.  I tried it on today to see how far I have come, and I was able to put the two sides together and it covered my stomach.  HOLY.COW!  Although it doesn't fit properly enough to where I could wear it around my son, I am so happy that it fits that much closer that I started to cry.  Seriously glad I was home alone for that.  I have not told my husband, although I was so happy I wanted to call him at work right away.  Instead, I have decided to wait until it fits me exactly as I want, and I will surprise him then.  

Today was a very happy day for me!

B:  2 eggs, 1.5 breakfast sausage (homemade)
L:  Salad made with smoked salmon, goat cheese & asiago parmesan dressing (Marie's).
D:  Chicken breast, sauteed green beans with garlic and steamed cauliflower with butter 
S:  A bite of almond butter and handful of mixed nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment