Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Week 7 Day 45

Its Hump Day!  

I started out my day good, but didn't pack a lunch (not a good sign).  I ended up eating out at my favorite Thai restaurant with hubby and a friend which probably isn't going to show good results on the scale.  Oops!

I ordered Tom Yum Soup with chicken.  For those of you who don't know this soup, it is made with a base of Coconut milk.  I also ordered an appetizer which is ground up chicken with cashews, a little red onion, cilantro, with a clear sour dressing, served with lettuce leaves to make your own rollup.  I cut up the lettuce and mixed it altogether to eat as a salad.  It was all very yummy, but after only a few bites of each, I KNEW, just KNEW there was added sugar.  Uh oh!  Instead of panicking and saying "screw it" and ordering some dessert too, I just thought in my mind that I will have to eat mostly protein for dinner and drink LOTS of water.  

Fast forward an hour or two, and I can definitely tell there was sugar in the food.  I have noticed that I get this weird feeling with my eyes (almost like I am about to start seeing slightly blurry) when I eat sugar.  I also get this spacey feeling.  Additionally, I find myself wanting more food (as if I didn't already get too stuffed from lunch), and even looking at the donuts and brownies in my office with desire.  Yes, I said desire.  Again though, I did not think about actually doing it.  

So fast forward to the final meal of the day..... I came home to cooked steak with cauliflower and homemade blue cheese/onion cheese sauce for the steak. I should have taken a picture, because you definitely couldn't see my steak ;)  That stuff is so good.  It is a recipe by the Pioneer Woman if you are interested.  The onion is high in carbs, so I have now messed up (slightly) 2 out of 3 meals today.  Grrr!

But again, I am writing this 8 o'clock at night, and still feel that I had a successful day.    I did not truly want to crave into anything bad, and even mentally made a plan to deal with my little setback.  I am also prepared to see a gain on the scale in the morning, and thats okay.  I still have plenty of days to turn things around!  

I also wanted to add that I had quite a few people comment on my weightloss today.  I should have taken a picture.  Maybe I will start doing that in the future.  My YouTube videos definitely don't look like me.  The lighting makes my face look so much different than pictures do.  

Thank you for reading my blogposts and feel free to leave me advice, comments or questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment