Thursday, October 17, 2013

TOPS it is.... Week 8 Day 53

So I did it... $28 later and I am a TOPS member.  There are about 18-20 people in this group and they are all so nice and happy.  I laughed a lot, and it was refreshing.  They play a lot of games to keep people motivated.  For instance, they have one that is going on for 8 weeks.  They each received a homemade yarn octopus with 8 legs.  If you miss a week or gain, you get a leg cut off.  2 winners will be determined at the end and win a little but of $$.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  

They have a lot of other things going on like weekly raffles.  I'm very excited that once a week, I get to surround myself with other people that have the same problem as me.  They obviously won't have the same mentality as me with the LCHF, but it doesn't matter to me right now.  I need to be with people of my kind, and these ones, also make me laugh and have a good time.  

Below are my meals for the day...

B:  1 homemade pork breakfast sausage; 2 eggs; butter

L:  Salad with buffalo chicken, red onions, blue cheese crumbles, cucumbers and blue cheese dressing.  

I actually overate at lunchtime.  Overeating definitely causes insulin to be released.  Within an hour after eating lunch, I felt no differently then when I would overeat high carb/sugar meals.  I felt like falling asleep at my desk too.  Not good!  

I ended up with heartburn too.  :(

So I actually skipped dinner, although my stomach is just now growing for the first time since Lunch.  Too late to eat dinner though.  

For now on, I will not eat dinner until after my TOPS meetings.  My initial weigh in today was on a no-dinner stomach, so I shall keep the pattern for accuracy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment