Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thinking of trying a support group.... Week 8 Day 52

I did a quick search online for Low Carb meetups in my area.  Unfortunately, I love so close to nothing really, so they don't have anything like that unless I am willing to travel 1.5 hours every week.  No thank you.

I remember going with my mom to TOPS (Taking off Pounds Sensibly) meetings about 11/12 yeas ago.  What I liked about TOPS is that everybody did their own thing, but you supported each other in your endeavors, no matter how you got there.  

So I decided to look it up and low and behold, there is one at my new church (started attending 2 weeks ago) on Thursday evenings.  Perfect!  I then looked up the leader's email to see if I could find some info on her (like Facebook, etc.) and I actually found her blog.  She has lost 200 pounds!  Say What?  Sounds like I am destined to become part of this blog.  I am really excited (and nervous too!).  

I have to do something, because honestly, I can only talk to my husband about this so much (he cannot relate to my adventure).  He is very supportive, which I am soooo lucky to have.  BUT, a girl needs a girl, with the same issues.  You hear me?  

So I will report back tomorrow night and let everyone know what I think of this group and if I will make it a permanent part of my life.

On an unrelated topic, when I got home this evening after my son's football game, my lights shined right up on an owl in my tree.  Right next to my chicken coop!   EEEk!  He was cool though and my chickens are protected at night.  Can I keep both?  ha ha

B:   2 homemade pork sausages

L:  Buffalo sauce (homemade from cayenne peppers), chicken, romaine lettuce, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles, red onion & cucumber slices.

D:  Bag of mixed nuts with 85% chocolate.  (I had to go straight from work to my son's football game).  I did not want to go to bed with a full stomach and usually the nuts/chocolate combination fills me right up!


No comments:

Post a Comment