Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry 2014 Christmas!

After exchanging Christmas gifts, my husband and I moved to the kitchen to make Christmas Breakfast.  My job - To make the Cinnamon Swirl pancakes with vanilla glaze.  My husband cooked the sausage, bacon, and eggs.  

I DID NOT touch the pancakes.  I didn't even want any.  MY son, on the other hand, ate for the both of us.  

For a snack, I ate pork rinds dipped in spinach & artichoke cream cheese.  That is yummy if you haven't tried it yet.  

And now...

I am sitting here pondering my first Christmas without sugar, treats, chocolate (although I do see some dark chocolate in my future), cookies, candy canes, etc.   

It is very hard for me to fathom the change that has happened to me by taking part in this Low Carb High Fat adventure.  My life has literally been flipped right side up and landed where it should have been all along.  

Part of me feels sad.  Not because I wished that I could have those things, as I have NO cravings, even while I spent 45 minutes making the pancakes.  I am sad because I wish I knew about this way of eating BEFORE 2013.  I know everything happens for a reason, and I do feel that if I had learned it at a younger age, I would have blown it off.  

And a thought just occurred... I tried Atkins, and it failed me.  It only failed me because I dealt with daily diarrhea and was told that I would have a heart attack by the media and my peers. Then later, when the rumors that Dr. Atkins died from his own diet, that set in stone that I had made the right decision. 

So the natural answer was that low fat, low calorie was the right diet after all.   

If I had not taken the journey of trying low fat, low calorie and later vegetarianism, I would not have been where I am today.  If I hadn't tried those ways of eating, I would still be questioning my way of eating now.  It is my experience in those other "ways" that I am 100% confident in the correct way - LCHF.  

So yeah, part of me is sad that this is my first Christmas doing the right thing, and that I may have wasted so many years of eating terribly.  

But the rest of me is extremely happy.  Extremely happy because I am SOOOO Strong now that I CAN eat healthy on Christmas Day with NO regrets, NO cravings, and NO doubts.  

I look forward to a lifetime of holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, vacations, etc. of knowing that I can not only "handle" eating healthy, but I will be "HAPPY" eating healthy.

I hope that you can find this same moment in your life and feel the same happiness.  

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good LCHF night! 

P.S.  Dinner is grilled buffalo cornish hens with green beans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment