Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 7 Results!

I have to start this post out with a little negative.  I barely lost over a pound this week.  I am not being negative because I am complaining about the amount, but instead, because I know exactly what I did wrong.  
I ate badly 2 meals in a row, and I gained a total of 3 pounds those 2 days thereafter.  I ate at a Thai restaurant and overrate.  I'm not mad that I may have had sugar, since I did not leave ketosis.  Or if I did leave ketosis, I bounced right back into it, without a major effect.  

I am mad that I overrate.  I didn't feel that great the rest of the day because of it, but knew I would prevail.  And then instead of only eating protein, I ended up having a steak dinner with a TON of heavy cream sauce (with onions & blue cheese).  I ate way too much of that also.  For this one day, I lost all control, which is the first time in a long time.  I don't overeat anymore, at least I thought.  I haven't done it since either, thank goodness!  

This next week I plan to go for at least 2 walks for a minimum of 30 minutes.  Me and my basset hound Roxy, both need it badly.  

Now to end my week on a Positive note.  Yesterday (Sunday), we spent the day and night at my dad's for a football feast. My dad takes the dog for a walk routinely to do his business and I decided to go with him having just ate dinner.  While on our walk, we were stopped waiting for the dog to do his biz, when my dad was looking at me funny.  After asking him "what", he said to me, "You look really good.  You have this glow about you and you look a lot happier".  I don't even think I need to explain the feelings this brought about.  I couldn't stop thinking about it, even after we seen the largest black widow in the world (seriously should have called Guinness World Records) and a fox running across our path.  Nothing is better than having the people who love you and you love the most, notice and say something that special.  I hope everyone has their moments just like that! 

In the meantime, feel free to watch my video below where I talk about this week's adventure:




Below is Video 1 of 12 from BBC's The Men Who Made Us Fat:





No comments:

Post a Comment