Sunday, January 17, 2016

10 Step Health Plan


Long Time and NO posts.  I have no excuse.  I have felt like a failure and the 45 pounds I initially lost eating LCHF, has found its way back onto my body.  OUCH! 
 
I have found it extremely hard to get back on track.  The lure of sugar wins day in and day out.  When I finally do find motivation, I am overwhelmed, knowing how I will feel for a week or two as I detox from the sugar. 
 
You see, I've always been an all or nothing kind of girl - You know, the one that has to quit ALL sugar and start Monday morning.  I'm pretty sure that is the real "Hell week", not the one the US Navy Seals endure.  So you can imagine why I have dreaded quitting sugar - Who wants to choose that feeling?  Sadly enough, its easier to choose eating sugar and all the negative side effects that come along.  So sad. 
 

Everyday, I yearn for a healthy lifestyle that comes natural as a habit, not a constant thought every waking moment.  Something everyone wants, right?
 
Just recently, I read Gretchin Rubin's book, "Better than Before", and I now have a better understanding of the methods that work for me to create a new habit.  You see, I love lists.  I love checking off the completed items and seeing how far I have gone.  This may have something to do with one of the many nicknames my husband calls me = "List Girl!".  I am pretty sure he is working on a theme song too.   
 
So I thought, what if I tried easing into Low Carb?  I've done this before, without thinking about it (eating Gary Taubes Books have a tendency to make you think twice about consuming sugar). 
 
What if I not only tried easing into low carb, but I created a checklist, where I would be able to see my progress.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?
 
So below are the snapshots of two documents I created:
 
 
 

 

If you are like me and you like to see check boxes, this may be helpful for you too.  If you want the files emailed to you, please email me. 

I would love any feedback or suggestions you may have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment